Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My AC compressor will not come on on my PT cruiser and the…

Customer Question
My AC compressor will...

My AC compressor will not come on on my PT cruiser and the system is fully charged with refrigerant. I want to know the most likely cause of this

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes the refrigerant level is full and reads fall on the gauge that I attached to the low pressure side but the clutch does not click in

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your PT Cruiser?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am working on it myself and I am a very good mechanic and electrician. All the fuses in the fuse box have power going out of them but I don’t know which one actually is the AC compressor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m not really able to access the electrical plug in that looks like it’s on the front of the compressor that I’m imagining energizes the clutch it’s too hard to get to to see if there’s power there

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/12/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I know its a pain but we need to see if the compressor is getting power or not