Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am installing a remote starter on my 2007 Chrysler Aspen.

Customer Question
I am installing a...

I am installing a remote starter on my 2007 Chrysler Aspen. I need to locate the Door sensor wire, the hood sensor wire and the stop ligth MUX connection. Everything else is plug and play.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Fuses?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to locate three wires to connect my remote start

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/12/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

DO you still need help with this?

ok be right back with that, I got the first 2 signals what was the brake light ? maybe it was a typo, you typed stop light mux?

They call it a MUX. Some sort of interface. Red and white wire? Not sure if I have plug into the module or just splice into the wire at the brake switch

ok at the integrated power module, hood is purple blue pin 5 connector c2

is this in the kick panel? there are several that look identical.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2klodu1qp95lqma/ipm.docx?dl=0

Its under the hood

parking light - pink/red MUX switch is where it is telling me to go
Parking Light~
Pink/Red
(MUX)
Switch
~
Driver Door Pin Violet (-) Driver door module
~
Hood Status Purple/Blue Switch (under hood thanks)

where are your instructions telling you to check for these signals?

http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/RS-CH5/FLC-CH(RS)-CH5-[FLRSCH5]-EN_20170427.pdfPg 8 of 24
They make it seem like all the connections for this are inside the car?
If you come up with anything leave me a post, please.
I have to log off as IT is doing some maintenance. I will check back later.
I need to verify my payment went through as I got Lifelock alert on my card.Thank you,Jim

ok MUX is a signal for positive or negative I get it now, so this is kind of a pain as you will have to pull drivers door panel to access the drivers door module, that will be a purple wire send ground signal, the parking light I would go with connector c1 pin 13 in the integrated power module, there will be a lot of these wires there, that wires is for the trailer towing, least to cause any problems, also recommend just stripping off wire sheathing, wrapping signal wire on and solder together so circuits stay the same,

The IPM is the one under the hood where you said the hood sensor wire is?

yes you can get it at the ipm or at the switch itself which should be close to the hood latch

Great, thanks

sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician