Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Overheeting - I want to check the coolant level. Where is…

Customer Question
Overheeting - I want...

Overheeting - I want to check the coolant level. Where is the 'radiator'? or How do I add collant?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Im trying to check the collant. I can't find a raderator to check anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Sebring Convertable

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I 'm trying to find out if ia as simple as adding coolant or is ti a real problem for a mecanake to takk core of.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No- the car was just serivced about 2 months ago and everything seem OK.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

To check the coolant level, you have to remove the radiator cap off of the coolant pressure container. The coolant pressure container is what supplies coolant to the radiator. The radiator itself does not have a cap, or a way to check it. Here is a diagram of the coolant pressure container. If you look on the side of the container there is a hot and cold fill line. Make sure the coolant level is with in the two marks and you will be ok.