Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No start. Its cranks fine. 2010 HHR. I checked for spark and…

Customer Question
Yes. its cranks fine. ...

Yes. its cranks fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 HHR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I checked for spark and its good. I ohm checked all 4 injectors and they are 11.8 on all 4. There is 12V on one wire at each injector,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel Pressure is 59 psi

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** you scanned for codes and what codes did you get?
PO 107, 315, 335, 121
The car will fire up and run fine on starter fluid for a few seconds anyway.
The scanner shows about 200 rpms while cranking. Or around there.

Give me one minute to review your information and codes.

The codes are for the MAP sensor, crank sensor and the throttle position sensor. Have you disconnected these sensor and tried to start the car? I need to know if you caused the codes or not?

I did have the MAF sensor disconnected but not the others. The car has New cam sensors and a new crank sensor.

Is this the 2.0 or 2.2 motor?

2.2

Did you replace the MAP sensor on top of the intake manifold? Also did you have the TPS disconnected?

No i did not replace the MAP and I did not have the TPS disconnected I will add this though the MAP sensor has a hole in it for a bolt to secure it but there is no hole in the intake for the bolt so maybe a different MAP was installed but i didnt do anything with it.

You can try to disconnect the MAP sensor and see if it will start. The computer should substitute a known reading. You can try this. For the codes for the TPS will need to see if it will start first and then clear codes and see if the codes for TPS return.

It did not start with the MAP disconnected
I cleared the codes.
Does your scanner read data so you can look at the TPS and map readings?
At least I tried to erase the codes. It says erased and then i hit read codes and 315 is still there, i tried to erase it 3 times and it is still there.
it does
It has a data stream
MAP was sitting on 14 then drops to 11 while cranking.

What is throttle position sensor reading with key on for AAP1 and AAP2 when you open and close throttle slow?

The TPS started at 0 and went all the way to 100 at full pedal
It is Throttle Position Indicated Angle on my scanner,im not sure what AAP1 and 2 is

Do you have AAP1 and AAP2 in scanner data? This is the accelerator pedal position sensor part of accelerator pedal and reason for code P0107. What is the 14 and 11 on the map sensor readings in? Is it KPA or what?

Okay i found this on the scanner. Accelerator Pedal Position Angle
It went 0 to 100 as i pushed the pedal down.
The MAP scale says psi

I will need to sign off for now and will have to opt out due to Family emergency. Another expert will come on to help you out.

Do not respond until another expert contacts you or it locks questions back to me.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61