Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 town and country. Around 73,000 miles. Normally we

Customer Question
2007 town and country...

2007 town and country. Around 73,000 miles. Normally we don't drive it. It's a company vehicle belonging to my wife's business. We use it personally about once a year for vacation. We drove it about 14 hours yesterday and about half way started noticing a pronounced whine which continued for the rest of the trip but didn't seem to get progressively worse. Noticeable even in park and seemed to go up with rpm. My wife drove it today and said it now seemed fine. Does this sound like something that can wait till we get home? I'd hate to have to deal with it on vacation but I'd hate even more to break down on our 14 hour return trip Saturday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery was replaced in June so I'm guessing that is fine. I hadn't considered alternator. Also Had the oil changed Friday and as part of that they checked the battery and I think they would have seen a potential sale if they'd noticed anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I gave up doing my own auto work years ago when I snapped a fitting off an audi radiator. ouch. We are on vacation and only noticed it yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all, I guess.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

That could be the transmission fluid pump making the noise. check the transmission fluid level color and small immediately. it should be full, a nice reddish color and not smell burnt

The transmission fluid was checked Friday as part of my oil change. I can't look at it right now. Can we continue tomorrow?

sure can, right here

hows it going?

do you still need assistance?