Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have to remove bad gas from tank. The mileage was great,

Customer Question
I have to remove...

I have to remove bad gas from tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, the mileage was great, filled up tank yesterday and it started knocking and stalling even when accelerating. Drove it straight home and haven't driven enough to see if the mileage is bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 Pt Cruiser Chrysler.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just don't want bad gas to sit in it too long, taking it to a mechanic tomorrow. We tested the sensors and it threw 4 codes, so we replaced the camshaft sensor and cleared the code for that but it still does the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's all. Thanks!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

First of all, where are you going to put that much gas? You cannot exactly leave it laying around. I tried several times to get rid of 5 gallons and could not.

Then the problem of getting a hose past the flap in the filler neck. If you can get a hose past it, you could use a syphon if not, you may have to decide to unhook the fuel line and use the fuel pump to pump it all out, then again you would have to make the fuel pump run constantly without the engine running.

Thanks

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.