Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will mot shift into reverse. No leaking fluid is good nice…

Customer Question
Will mot shift into...

Will mot shift into reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking fluid is good nice pink color and doesn't smell burnt, original transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2003 300m

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300M yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing so far

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

it will physically shift into reverse and just rev up and not move ?

this issue comes down to one of 2 things

1) the valve body assembly is bad

2) there is an internal band failure

if there are NO codes set at all in the computer a transmission shop will need to connect a fluid pressure test gauge to the reverse test port and see if it shows the correct pressure if it does it is internal.if it does not it is usually the valve body assembly being the problem

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer