Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Chrysler Pacifica 2005,3.5 L the engien i too ritch…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a Chrysler Pacifica 2005,3.5 L the engien i too ritch and have no power ! and it stalls on idel (weak engine) even then i give it some gas it will shake and the RPM GOSE UPP AND DOWN LIKE CARZY

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent, When the engien is cold it works fine for about 1 minute then stalls if i dont give it some gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mekaniker har checkat . Bränslepumpen ! compression test , new spark plugs, checked the coils, checked for vacuum line leak . checked for main fuel leak, all the fuse , and No ECU CODES , he said that the engien takes alot of fule

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes! the check engien light flashing when i turn the key !

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/8/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
What was fuel pressure
What scanner you are using to scan Ecu
Did you check TB body plate
the fule pressure was 4,2bar
the scanner was on some foxwell tool
Yes i did and we clean it

that is correct

2005 Chrysler Pacifica V6-3.5L VIN 4

Save Article

FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE 400 kpa ±34 kpa (58 psi ± 5 psi)

if engine to rich , we have to much fuel ,like a leaking fuel injector, regulator line etc ,or we have to much air and fuel is fine ,just ecu adjusting the mix

at idle, when running, if you spray starting fluid around intake manifold , does engine rpm surges up

do it on cold engine so you do not cause a fire

that scanner ,does it show live data fuel trims, long term and short term, and fuel status , open loop or closed loop

this here will take some back and forth and tools and some testing knowledge which sound you have :)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The fuel injector, are tested ! we spray starting fluid around intake manifold befor no change at the RPM
this is all the data that i can get from the OBD
25035095_193143330020095...jpg2503509...jpg25035277_193143329686762...jpg2503527...jpg25035539_193143328020095...jpg2503553...jpg25075269_193143328686762...jpg2507526...jpg25075290_193143332020095...jpg2507529...jpg25086586_193143340686761...jpg2508658...jpg25086914_193143336353428...jpg2508691...jpg25086914_193143336353428...jpg2508691...jpgcar.jpgcar.jpg
Look at 3rd picture u sent me you are at - 16% , so ecu pulling 16% of fuel , it will not stay running , you are running rich ,99% on short term
Fuel regulator ,is it working , unde load ,meaning while you pressing gas
When running rich again will be to much fuel or not enoug air
If unplug MAF sensor when running at idle does engine stumbles or die ?
Fuel regulator works ! and when i took those picture i had my foot on the gas pedal , or engien had stall
i unplugd the MAF same problem the engien still gose unstable and stalls
i even unplugd the tempretue sensor , still same problem

not sure on this one

will opt out of the question for other expert opinion

another thing! catalytic converter almoste burnd the vehicle ! it gets too red hot ! , we removd the catalytic converter thought it would be clogged , no difference
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, pull the plugs and see if they are wet

ok, how strong is the spark?

way too much fuel.......

have you done an injector leak down test?

Sir iam 100% that the problem is not frome the spark ! they been replaced only before 3 month ago , and the car turns on real quick , even the mechanic have told me that your problem is not from the spark
dont have any faut codes in the ECU

I do not care what every mechanic told you. If the spark is not strong enough then it's not burning all the fuel and that is why the plugs are black. Good luck, i'll o[pen this up to let someone else help

Why so angry ? iam just trying to make it clear to undertand that the station is more biger then that
Chrysler Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Different expert here, do you still need help?

we have not found the problem yet

The plugs are black because you are running too rich. They are fouled. Have you checked the timing?

Also you need to perform a cylinder leakage test and compression test. That is your next step if you have not done it yet.

Hey Dan , that what the other mechanics told me on this site and we know that the engien is running too rich, the timing is fine!
the cylinder compression is PERFECT!
the engien starts without any problems the first 2 minutes ! it means that there is no problem with the timing or the cylinders,
and fule pump has been tested , one thing i need to know is why is my engien light flahing befor i start the car ?
dose it mean for something ? ,no faut code and no check engien light , what shoud i do ?

A rich fuel condition occurs when the air to fuel ratio is less than 14.7:1. This (14.7:1) is considered the perfect blend of air to fuel mixture or stoichiometric air fuel ratio. This is when there are just enough parts of air (14.7) to burn one part of fuel with no excess oxygen or fuel left over. Faulty components such as dripping fuel injectors, faulty fuel pressure regulators, ECT's and stuck open thermostats cause this problem. A rich air fuel ratio will result in high emissions (HC's) and black colored exhaust.

Fuel Injectors: Fuel injectors are electromechanical devices that atomize pressurized fuel from the fuel rail. They can become clogged with deposits that form as the left over fuel dries in the injector’s hot tip as the engine cools. They can also leak or drip pressurized fuel. This can be diagnosed with a fuel pressure kit and a leak down test.

Fuel Pressure Regulator: A fuel pressure regulator is designed to provide constant fuel pressure to the fuel injectors under different loads and operating conditions. A traditional regulator contains a vacuum operated diaphragm. It’s controlled by intake manifold vacuum. Electronic regulators do the same thing with more precise computer control.

Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor: The ECT is tasked with informing the PCM of the engine’s current operating temperature. This is important to the air fuel mixture because a cold engine requires a rich fuel mixture. If the ECT were faulty and the PCM were receiving a signal indicating a colder than actual engine, the mixture would be enriched.

Above are a few of inputs that affect a vehicle's air fuel ratio and fuel trim adjustments. A faulty oxygen sensor should be mentioned. An oxygen sensor sending the wrong signal to the engine control module can result in a rich fuel condition. Symptoms of a rich fuel condition include black colored exhaust, fouled spark plugs, and poor engine performance.

fuel injectors test pass
fuel pump pressure pass
thermostats pass
vacuum test for all lines and manifold pass
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor ,pass
only not tested the oxygen sensor ! can it be casing all of these problems ?
How do i test the CO2 Sensor its so expensev to buy if the they are not bad

What is your fuel pressure reading?

4,2 Bar

I am out of ideas will open this back up for others.

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 7 months ago
eric remington

a​nother expert here....is exhaust clogged are injector s leaking? have you checked? where is the timing? what about fuel sample?

The exhust is not clogged we have removed alla of it and tryed , no changes at all
Even the injectora and fine!
The timming is correct
And the fuel sample is fine
Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 7 months ago

wh​at about consistent injector pulse and or spark? these need to monitored very closely for every cylinder...do you have a means of doing that?

Chrysler Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 7 months ago

if its running this bad....it sounds very strange that you have no codes!!!!! that is not normal if you disconnect a sensor do you get a code? like maf sensor?

if i desconnect any sensor i get code and engine check light
I will send you a video soon
where do you like me to sent the video ?
2 files
Why I'm not getting any answer?
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if the engine runs normally when in open loop but runs rich in closed loop, which almost certainly means you have an inaccurate upstream oxygen sensor. Try unplugging the sensor, disconnect the battery to clear the adaptives, and then drive it with the sensor unplugged. If it runs better then replace the sensor with a Mopar part.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

no changes! i can't even drive the car the rpm is going up and down like crazy! full gas pedal down ! max 8 MPH , engine vibration , bad unburned fuel smell
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

Is there any smoke from the exhaust?

Really bad unburnd fule! White smoke
I got a fult code ! large vacuum leak ! Checked the vacuum lines and the gasoline lock and replaced a new purge solenoid ! Removd the faut code no changing.. even replaced the battery and checked all ground wires

Are you able to monitor data?

its on the top of the page

What cylinders are counting misfires?