Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put a new battery in my Chrysler 300 year 2006 vehicle no…

Customer Question
I put a new...

I put a new battery in my Chrysler 300 year 2006 vehicle no is 2c3la43r16h245396 the radio stop playing

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It not leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried resetting buttons looked at the owner maniual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also took cable off battery and rub them together

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Are you getting any power to the radio at all, have you checked for power at the fuse?

I have very little skills on working on vicheles

so the next step would be to pull the radio and check the connector, verify power and good ground on that, if those are ok the radio is bad

i would need to take itr to a shope to do that sorry

thats ok, if it is bad, I would suggest to upgrade to a better head unit, there are so many great low cost options than replacing it with the factory unit

hows it coming?

Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!