Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In short we bought a new 2013 Abarth but only used it

Customer Question
In short we bought...

In short we bought a new 2013 Abarth but only used it occasional since we also live in Costa Rica. After 7000miles (and perfect body) it was smoking and making noise. Towed to Fiat in Sarasota FL where finally after 24-26 days Chrysler Fiat sent a new short block since that was determined to be the problem and said they would pay for this. It also needed ONE spark plug (after 7000 miles???) Never had an oil light come on. It is still in the shop. I will not take it out since I want a new warranty on a supposedly new block. How do I know the same thing will not occur again or other damage was done since it was run on low or no oil even for only a few known miles If it is really a new block what should be the problem with a new warranty.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

No low or out of oil light ever came on even at Fiat .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

This is an Abarth(###) ###-####with 7000 miles bought new but garaged most of the time. We came from Italy and always had a Fiat with no problems.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

It is not a Chrysler - it is a Fiat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did you read my first long note to you? It has been in the local Fiat shop where we bought it now for about a month.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, we know it it had a defective short block which is being replaced. I want to know his opinion if it is a new block and Fiats fault for the first one; why no warranty and how do I know it has not affected the large block and other engine parts. Also, why one spark plug should go bad after only 7000 miles? Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/6/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Lets start by getting the VIN number to your Fiat and we can continue from there. This will help me obtain vin specific service info that will be very helpful to the outcome of my answer...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert