Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

WINDOW IS BINDING UP HALF WAY THROUGH THE DOWN CYCLE, WITH…

Customer Question
WINDOW IS BINDING UP...

WINDOW IS BINDING UP HALF WAY THROUGH THE DOWN CYCLE, WITH REAR RAIL RACKING. I FOUND TWO STYROFORM BLOCK IN BOTTOM OF DOOR WHICH I SUSPECT ARE SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT SOMETHING, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY SHOULD GO

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 SEABRING CONVERTABLE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES. IF I HOLD THE REAR BRACKET AND NOT LET IT RACK OR TURN THE WINDOW WORKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

OTHER THANTHE TWO STYROFORM BLOCKS - NO

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The styrofoam goes in the bottom of the inside panel to deaden sound and also to rest the window on when it i in down position if you found then inside fender then that is the ones i am talking about. They are square or rectangle blocks. Here is a tech bulletin for lubrication of the window tracks to try to see if it is just lack of lube. If not the track will need replaced if damaged or worn out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azvr3erpbplidfr/2002%20chry%20sebring%20conv%20window%20chatters.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chrysler Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61