Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c 5.7l, with 108,000 miles, last

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300c 5.7l, with 108,000 miles, last tune up was 18,000 miles ago and it runs and idles great. The problem is as i accelerate from a stop or already moving the car starts to stutter - losing and regaining power quickly and once I get up to cruising speed it usually stops. NO CODE HAS EVER APPEARED. This is a problem that happens only once in awhile and there is no consistency as in fuel level, am or pm, and the car doesn't die. Keep in mind there is no transmission slipping.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  David Craig replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Pull the air intake apart and clean the throttle plate, both sides. make sure the air filter is clean and pull a spark plug to see if its black

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Spark plugs looked great, the idle has not been a problem, nor has accelerating (other than the quick stutter) but I will clean the throttle plate.

that would be the first thing that I would try

you might also want to remove the EGR valve and clean it out of all the gunked up carbon deposits

hows it going?

did you clean out the egr?