Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2001 Pt cruiser and when i turn it on the motor

Customer Question
Hello, good morning, I have...
Hello, good morning, I have a 2001 Pt cruiser and when i turn it on the motor shakes, I've already changed the spark plug but it hasn't changed. What do you suggest for me to do?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It has more than 230 miles and it has an automatic transmission.
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am, it read check engine so i took it to Auto zone and they told me that it missed fire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Calibrations of the spark plug
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
12/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Can you tell me the misfire code that autozone got from the computer?

I also will need to know the engine size you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have motor 2.4 , Auto zone didn't tell me what code it was, they just told me that the car needed a change of spark plugs.

In most situations the plugs go bad due to another problem like a shorting ignition coil or plug wire. If you get the actual code then it will point to the cylinder that is causing the misfire and you can narrow the problem to that cylinder to replace coil and plug wire or coil boot wire.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61