Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just cleared all codes and want to pass smog was told that…

Customer Question
Just cleared all codes...

Just cleared all codes and want to pass smog was told that my 65 mile jaunt was not enough to cycle the oxygen sensor, evap sensor and caatalyst

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '65 Chrysler?

Its an 04 300 m special

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Special yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had an upper intake manifold leak causing p172, p174 & p175 codes. replace manifold and gaskets

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi what was your question about this? what did you want to know specifically?

Was trying to find out how many miles I need to drive in order for these sensors to allow me to pass smog

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it isn't a matter of miles, it is a matter of completing the required drive cycles to reset the system

please see here fore more info: https://app.box.com/s/nlflvlfmr71xc26lzl5scj246oa1ll8d Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.