Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Red dot and My car won't start. I don't know why to check.

Customer Question
Red dot and My...

Red dot and My car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I don't know why to check

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I stuck at the store

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You're most likely referring to the S***** *****ght, a red light in the instrument cluster about the diameter of a pencil. The problem may be the key, wireless control module, or there may be a deeper electrical issue that will need to be diagnosed.

Is the light flashing or is it staying on solid?

Flashing

Have you tried a second key?

Apparently the extra key is gone

Try a battery disconnect and see if that changes anything.

Tried that as well

If the light is flashing it is because the key hasn't been validated. It's going to require a scan tool to diagnose the problem and to repair it; you almost surely have a bad key.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you , so replace the key

You're welcome!

Please remember to rate my performance before leaving the site as that is the only way I receive credit for helping you; a five star rating is greatly appreciated!

Good luck with your vehicle!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician