Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Aspen rear window will not roll up. Replaced regulator…

Customer Question
2007 Aspen rear window...

2007 Aspen rear window will not roll up. Replaced regulator and motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

124k , Automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced window regulator and motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s all I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the motor is good then the problem is a loss of power or ground to it. This could be a failure of the switch at that door, the master switch, or it could be a wiring issue. There is a good chance you have a broken wire in the boot between the door and body.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?

I plan to do the repair myself. How do I narrow down the electrical problem? Is it possible it is bad fuse? Having a hard time looking at the fuses to determine which it could be.

I cannot be a fuse, the problem is a switch or wiring issue.

Have you inspected the wiring in the boot between the door and body?