Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alarm goes off for no apparent reason,,,also noticed the…

Customer Question
Alarm goes off for no...
Alarm goes off for no apparent reason,,,also noticed the garage lights are inoperative at times,,,,any connection,,,please advize--------
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The alarm is going off because a door or the liftgate ajar switch is closing but the system has not been disarmed, or you could have a bad keyless entry module. If it's a door ajar switch related issue it could be a bad switch, wiring, or possibly a door that isn't closing properly. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong, odds are you have a bad ajar switch or RKE module.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.