Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine light. 2007 pt cruiser convertible. Took it to my…

Customer Question
engine light Mechanic's Assistant:...

engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2007 pt cruiser convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to my mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its misfiring in cyclinder 1

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, what is your question on the cylinder 1 misfire?

we changed fuel injector on no 1 cylinder...its still coding 0301

HI,

Ok, there are many causes of a cylinder 1 misfire

Fuel injector

spark plug fouled

coil boot damaged or oil in it

faulty coil

faulty signal from computer to coil

faulty signal from computer to injector

wiring short or open

burnt exhaust valve

dropped valve

sticking valve

worn piston rings

base timing off

can we talk on phone plz

HI,

I am not where I have cell service, just internet. I will open this back up to other experts so one that is able to call will do so

i appreciate it
Chrysler Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help out with this. Are you still wanting a phone call?

still waiting for phone call
Gabriel lets just do it with text
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

do you still need assistance?

david..I have a 2007 pt cruiser...we have changed coil wires,spark plugs...fuel injector in number one cylinder also replaced...its coming up with codes for misfiring number 1 and also running lean...compression test was good in that cylinder

ok, what was the compression of all 4?

also. if you pull the #1 plug is it wet?

my mechanic checked number 1 cylinder and another cylinder...not sure which one...he said it was 170 and 175...he pulled spark #1 the other day...I don't know ifn itb was wet

ok, he needs to do a continuity test of the wiring from the pcm to the coil and from the pcm to the injector. do you know if he check the injector for pulse?

I think it was pulsing but I will check with him

ok

what does the continuity test tell us?

if the wiring between the coil and PCM and the wiring between the injector and PCM is good.

do you think it could be the computer module?

It could be, but I never condemn a component unless I know its bad. the wiring must be checked.

hows it going?

david basically everything has been changed...wires,spark plugs,in #1 is new fuel injector..new coil pack..i was going to mention this...the airbag light and sound sensor would just off at random times even before all this other stuff happened...how much does it cost to get pcm tested and can i do that by myself?

you can send the pcm out for test/repair at n.p.c. automotive computers. phone # 1-***-***-****

brought the car home...engine service light is flashing on and off...it has a code still on it and i will check it later but i think its number 1 is misfiring

flashing light would definitely be a misfire.

its misfire on number 1 cylinder...i understand its not good to drive with service light flashing

not at all it will destroy the catalytic converter

hows it going?

hi David...the engine light is still flashing and the code 0301 misfire cylinder 1...we have changed spark plugs,wires,fuel injector,coil pack...is there anything else you can think of besides pcm or a stuck or burnt valve? i have spent so much money on this car and im medically retired and on a fixed income...this car is really starting to piss me off...any suggestions would be really appreciated

Im going to open this up to the other techs to chime in on.

i really appreciate it...i do fundraisers and events with my therapy dog kodiak for special needs children and veterans...i dont charge anything for what we do and i depend on this car to get us there..if you google (kodiak therapy dog) you can see what we do...i have events to go to but because of this stupid car i cant get there...ty David
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic