Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having issues with my 1999 Chrysler Sebring jxi

Customer Question
Good morning I'm having...

Good morning I'm having issues with my 1999 Chrysler Sebring jxi convertible when I started up in the mornings it is missing and not running well seems to be running rich

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I've checked all the electrical connections everything is top-notch I have replace fuel injectors distributor and wires plugs and the car is still running very rough in the morning but once the car gets to temperature it runs normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to but I need to figure out if it is some kind of sensor because the problem only occurs in the morning I don't know what's going on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pearl that's pretty much it I'm just trying to get an answer I've had it checked out with scanners and no one can seem to figure it out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

hi, your description sounds like a faulty temp sensor, I would have yours replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

I have replaced that just 2 weeks ago
Are you still there
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You opted out the person helping, preventing further communication. Did you no longer need help?

I want to find out what's wrong with my pos

Have you checked for fault codes?

I have I've also replaced the coolant sensor the fuel injectors the distributor and wires this is what happens when you go to crank it up in the morning it runs like the choke is on the phone it I know it's fuel injected I know it doesn't have a fuel pump or carburetor I don't know what's going on do you think it could be the throttle position sensor
There's no codes coming up either

Does it run ok initially and then go through a period where it runs poorly, then runs ok once warm?

Once it reaches normal operating temperature I have no more problems even if I cut it off let it set and crank it back up it's fine but sitting overnight into the morning when I first Crank It Up until it reaches operating temperature it runs like crap like it's running rich

Unplug the upstream oxygen sensor, disconnect the battery to clear the adaptives, and see if the problem is present without the upstream sensor's input.

Ok. Am I getting charged by the question

For each reply? No. I get credit for helping you when you rate my performance as OK service or better.

Am I getting charged $31 for each reply

No. I get credit for helping you when you rate my performance as OK service or better.

Okay thank you I disabled vet it's hard to get free advice

JustAnswer is a pay site. If you did not intend to pay for help please indicate so.

I wasn't aware it was a paid site I thought the $36 was to talk to a mechanic and resolve the problem see if we could at least I appreciate the time I will give the 02 thing a try

Do you wish to continue and pay for help or would you like the question closed?

Sorry I can't afford to pay for any more I'm sorry and I apologize for taking up your time