Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Starter turns but motor will not start. Chrysler 300C 5.7…

Customer Question
Starter turns but motor...

Starter turns but motor will not start. Chrysler 300C 5.7 ltr Hemi

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Plenty Battery Power

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300C?

2011 and when entering the screen will say memory recall

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

No! I'm 80 years old, always mechanic served! Only tried to start after garaging it last night!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seems to be a electronic/computer problem???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check
for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check
compression too for a possible valve timing issue with a
compression gauge. You can check fuel pressure with a
gauge and all of these tools should be available to you at
your local parts store for rent or purchase. You need to
check for any stored codes in the computer with a
code reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the
codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron