Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 chyrsler 200 won't go into gear and dash keeps saying…

Customer Question
2015 chyrsler 200 won't...

2015 chyrsler 200 won't go into gear and dash keeps saying vehicle not in park

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Like the parking brake switch?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Dodge?

200s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Crysler

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No.. I unplugged a couple wire harneses

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help with this issue

these have shifter assembly interlock module issue , where the shifter shows in park on shifter but internal it i not it is in gear

Read below a TSB( Technical service bulletin on this issue ),click on link to view pdf file or read below

they can replace or re flash that module

2015 Chrysler 200 FWD V6-3.6L

Save Article

NUMBER: 08-082-14 GROUP: Electrical DATE: September 25, 2014 USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING "HELP" THEN "HELP CONTENTS" AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW. THE wiTECH SOFTWARE MUST BE AT RELEASE 15.01 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE. SUBJECT: Flash: Electronic Shift Module (ESM) Enhancement OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves updating the software in the Electronic Shift Module. MODELS: 2015 (UF) 200 NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 26, 2014 (MDH 0826XX). SYMPTOM/CONDITION: The customer may experience an intermittent inability to shift into any gear range. This condition should only last a few seconds. If this condition happens when driving in any forward gear, the transmission will default to drive. If the vehicle is in reverse, the transmission will default to neutral. If the transmission is in park or neutral the transmission will not change gear selection. On further inspection one or all of the following DTCs may be found: ^ U1467 Implausible Driver Shift Request Signal Received On CAN and D-PT CAN. ^ U0103-00 Lost Communication With Electric Gear Shift Module. ^ U11E3-00 TCM Lost Communication With ESM On DPT CAN. DIAGNOSIS: Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no DTCs are set. If DTCs are present, other than the ones listed above, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin. If the customer describes the symptom or if the technician finds any of the above listed DTCs perform the repair procedure. REPAIR PROCEDURE: NOTE: Install a battery charger to ensure battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts. Do not allow the charging voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the flash process. NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted or failed, the flash should be restarted. 1. Reprogram the ESM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the "HELP" tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then "HELP CONTENTS." This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected. 2. Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them. POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

Zoom and Print Options

TIME ALLOWANCE:

Zoom and Print Options

FAILURE CODE:

Disclaimer:
This bulletin is supplied as technical information only and is not an authorization for repair.

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Thank You
Chad Farhat