Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Track light & ABS light on, is it safe to drive? Just ABS…

Customer Question
Track light & ABS...

Track light & ABS light on, is it safe to drive?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just ABS &track light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 limted

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to get code by turning key from off to run no code showed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and ready to answer your question.

ABS & Track light on , is it safe to drive?

Some times if the ECU recognizes a fault code it will disable those functions as a safety measure and even though your check engine light may not be on it's a good idea to scan it for codes .Even if there are no hidden engine codes the problem then may be in the ABS system itself. So to answer your original question "is it safe to drive" Yes it is, as the system will just revert back to simple ordinary brakes without the trac and ABS feature operating. It will give you plenty of time to check out what is causing the issue without tying up your vehicle.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Is there any thing else I may do for you?