Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a very low tire and drove it 3 blocks to get repaired.

Customer Question
I had a very...

I had a very low tire and drove it 3 blocks to get repaired. they found a nail. the side had a round scuff mark around the tire. mechanic said the inside wires could be busted.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

3 months old about 3,000 miles driven

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Car runs great, just got the nail in it and it was repair. the concern is the circular scuff mark around the tire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just if there is a hazard in driving with the tire thats been repair. i was told i could have a blow out is that true?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

that is correct

it is called run flat damage when a tire has been driven with very low or no air the side wall can be damaged in 1/4 mile or under

if there is any sidewall damage or when they dismount the tire any rubber on the inside it will have to get a new tire i am sorry to say

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

UNFORTUNATELY, I JUST BOUGHT THE TIRES AND CANNOT BY ANOTHER. HOW MUCH HAZARD ON DRIVING LIKE THIS....CAN I WAIT?
I WILL RATE YOU, ONCE I FINALIZE WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH MY PROBLEM TIRE.
TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION ON WHAT TO DO, CAN I HAVE DECISION SOON

i am sorry i was out

if its holding air usually it is ok for a few days or so but if there was alot of sidwall damage it needs to be changed as soon as possible as the sidewall is weak