Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a question answered Monday. I have a 2005 Cadillac…

Customer Question
Ok I had a...

Ok I had a question answered Monday . I have a 2005 Cadillac Deville It was making a noise when you the ac. It was coming from the drivers side so I replaced the upper blend door actuator . The noise is gone but the air flow isn't coming out the right vents. If I take it out of auto mode and direct the air to the floor the air comes out of the top vent .If I put it in auto mode it has a mix of air going to the floor and to the upper vent. This only is on the drivers side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It isn't Freon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I answered that in the first communication

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Cadillac technician and would be happy to assist you with this.

After replacing the actuators on these you need to perform a calibration procedure, this is done with a scan tool, but if you do not have a scantool for it you can re-calibrate these by pulling the HVAC fuse and leaving it out for 10minutes, this will power down the module and then it will reset the actuator positions when the power is reapplied

I have done as you have said and pulled the fuses left them out and replaced them . It made no difference . It's still doing the same thing . I replace the one on the passenger side 2 years ago and had no problem with it .
Okay that is all I know of on these models. I will opt out and open this up to a new expert
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician