Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hit a bump yesterday and the windshield wipers came on

Customer Question
Hit a bump yesterday...

Hit a bump yesterday and the windshield wipers came on switch was in the off position. This morning turned wipers on and they would not turn off even when the vehicle was turned off. After 10 minutes the stopped in the middle of the windshield.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

No I need to start work this morning. Would it be a fuse or relay?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Chrysler?

Chrysler(###) ###-####touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday I was hoping it was a isolated incident, after this morning probably not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/28/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hello?
Written response will be fine.
If you do not know the answer just say so and refund my money.

sorry i lost connection

There FICM front control module that house the wiper system also ,it is a common issue on them but to be accurate you need to have it scanned with factory scanner or equivalent and reteev fault codes ,based on these fault codes we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot but since you hit pot hole you could damaged the wiring harness going to it ,but since u going to work now we can try a master reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 6 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat