Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have new software update disc for 2010 Chrysler Town &

Customer Question
I have new software...

I have new software update disc for 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Limited navigation system. It can't read the disc. Plays dvd ok. Software people says it needs to be reset. Navigation, radio, cd player all currently working. Any help would be appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with the van.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Country?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Insert disc, they also sent me another disc. Result same.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to update navigation maps.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/27/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If it won't read the disc it's either due to a failure in the radio or a problem with the disc itself. If the disc was obtained through a reputable source then it is most likely ok.

Were you having functional issues with the radio or navigation functions?

Where are you getting the discs from?

Here.com is the source of the disc. Radio, cd player, dvd player, navigation all work fine.

Is this the part number disc they sent?

http://chryslergroup.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Chrysler_TownAndCountry_2010/FCA-GROUP-2017-NORTH-AMERICAN-MAP-FOR-UCONNECT-730N-RER-/sku/U3540-0075-606NAM/en_US/ChryslerNA/USD

that is the one

There shouldn't be an issue with the content of the discs then because that's the official source. If the discs are undamaged then there has to be an issue with the radio. You can try a battery disconnect but if that doesn't help then it will require internal repair or replacement.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** I waisted $150 for nothing. I'll try to reboot power. Then if that doesn't work I am sol. But thanks anyway.

You're welcome and good luck with it!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician