Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our 2010 chrysler sebring had a warning light flashing and…

Customer Question
Our 2010 chrysler sebring...

Our 2010 chrysler sebring had a warning light flashing and started shaking when we turned it on so we took it to a mechanic. The mechanic said the throttle control unit needed replaced so we replaced it. It is still shaking & the light is still on. Does it need reprogrammed and where do we take it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Throttle control. It looks like a flash of lightening.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just replaced the throttle control unit.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 6 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

by the sounds of it your check engine light has turned on and it is the one that is flashing. do you know what fault code(s) has been stored in the computer...........did your mechanic share this info with you?

If not, are you able to use a code reader and get the codes so that I can assist you?

Many parts stores can read the codes for you free of charge.

The mechanic used a code reader & it was the electronic throttle control light flashing and told us the throttle control unit needed replaced. So we did that. It was still shaking so we let it run for awhile & turned it off.