Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car shuts off after refueling but then starts right back up…

Customer Question
Car shuts off after refueling...
Car shuts off after refueling but then starts right back up.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/25/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Next time you refuel, wait a bit longer before trying to start it. See if it stays running by doing that.

About how long?
I will try today and let you know.

long enough for the fuel to settle in the tank

ok, I'll be on all day.

Would 1 minute be long enough?

should be

I filled up the tank waited for one minute before starting and drove about 100 yards to a stoplight and waited for about 30 seconds and it shut off but did start right back up.

No check engine light?

do you fill up all the time?

No check engine light and it only does it after I fill up. Don't drive much so only fill up every couple of weeks when it gets down to about half tank.
Other than that the van runs fine.
Just over 100k miles.

next time you put fuel in it, do not fill it up. only put 3/4, see if that makes a difference, this could be a fuel tank vent problem

Will do.

let me know please.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow-up questions you may have. Also, we can respond to this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Hows it going?

Chrysler Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

HOW DID IT DO AT 3/4 TANK?

thanks

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic