Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just changed the battery but my car cranks but will not…

Hi I just changed...

Hi I just changed the battery but my car cranks but will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes it was changed before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

PT/2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car was clicking before only; so My boyfriend changed the battery.. we used you tube to do it correctly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cannot tell where the coolant level is at all

11/24/2017
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

A no start concern directly after battery replacement leads me to believe that there is a problem with the battery cable terminal ends. I recommend to closely inspect the battery cables for corrosion inside the insulation of the cable and also trapped in the crimp on the terminal connection. If you find corrosion there, it is HIGHLY recommended to replace the Battery Cable Harness...

If you can take a pic of your battery terminal connections and post them here I can verify this for you...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Mr Robert?