Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's a 1941 180 lebaron sport brougham. the driver side out…

Customer Question
It's a 1941 180...

It's a 1941 180 lebaron sport brougham. the driver side out side door handle is not making the door open. We have removed the door handles, outside and inside. taken the inner panels off and released the latch mechanism. It is free, but, caught on the window slide. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Brougham?

1941

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Brougham yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have taken the assembly apart down to loosening the latch mechanism, It won,t come past the window track.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/23/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, in this case, it will help if you can take a photo of where it is catching at on the window slide so I can get a better idea of what needs to be done.

There is a paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar to click on to upload photos

We got it. The problem was the door handle itself .

ok, glad you got it and have a great Thanksgiving