Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 300 with a 5.7 hemi. it is misfiring. 105k…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 300 with a 5.7 hemi. it is misfiring

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

105k miles. Symptoms started suddenly. mechanic tells me i 2 valves that need to be replaced. steady misfire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not myself. car is at local shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How can it be possible for 2 valves to fail suddenly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

To be honest with you, I have seen where the valve springs can break and cause valve damage. This can be sudden. If the mechanic has found this, then the cylinder head will need to be removed and the valves and valve springs replaced. Ask to see the damaged valves when he / she gets the head removed. Then you will know that he/she is telling the truth.

I hope this helps and thank you for using just answer today!

Chris