Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Am getting error messages related to the convertible motor.

Am getting error messages...

Am getting error messages related to the convertible motor. Have taken a picture of the motor (which has 3 diff numbers on it) and not sure what the part number is

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

86000 miles. no scan code, but know the issue is the convertible motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Convertible?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. had a mechanic reset all the codes, but after a few weeks had the same issue. have since had a good look at the motor and it is slipping when under load.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thats it. Just wanting to know how I figure out the part number

11/21/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the vehicle information, please, so that I may check for your information?

Hi Todd,The car is a convertible 2009 Sebringthe VIN is: 1C3A4F5DO9N536541and I have attached a photo of the part I need to replace but am having trouble figuring out what number of the three on the label are what I use to make an online order?Thanks,
Gavin
I'm sorry for the delay. The part number that you have is b11cc355axxx
Just a moment, please while i provide current part and labor information.
If you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. If you require more information, do not hesitate to ask.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Ok, thanks for the advice. I've ordered the part. Cheers, Gavin
Hi Todd,I ordered the part as per above, however it is not the correct part. Their must be a couple of motors involved in opening the roof. The one I am after (as per the photo sent) is the one that sits above the rear view mirror and opens/shuts the clasps at either the beginning or end of the opening sequence. Could you take another look at the photo and see if you can identify what part it would be? thanks, Gavin

I will check for this information shortly.

ok, thx. no rush
Hi Todd, any thoughts re that part number?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-08-14-Sebring-Convertible-Soft-Top-Latch-Assembly-Motor-only-b11cc355axxx-/182884339165

I'm sorry , but this is the only part that I am seeing. Here, is the part #b11cc355axxx. I am sorry for the delay.