Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Esp light is on, after battery change. Since 8am. 300 2007.

Customer Question
Esp light is on...

Esp light is on , after battery change

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

Since 8am

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had ajump, then dealer put in battery

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/20/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So what did the dealer say about the light?

more test and more money.
please continue, tpying

wow thats not cool so they cause a light to go on and wanna charge you for it? ok so what you can do is pull the battery cables, negative then positive, touch both ends together for 1 min and wait 30 more mins, re install cables positive then negative. this should reset the light, sounds like it just needs a hard reset anyways, test drive and see if light comes on

my battery was totally dead, got a jump. then the light came on after. drove to dealer w/light on and had battery change.
light still on after change

ok let me know how the reset goes

It didn't work.