Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2017 pacifica. It has supplemental side

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a 2017 pacifica. It has supplemental side curtain airbags over the 2nd and 3rd row seat windows. These could be a danger to my dogs, who are the only passengers. Can these curtain airbags be disabled?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far, we only bought it yesterday. But today reading the user guide we found that it may be dangerous for the dogs. We would likely use a mechanic to do it if it can be done.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/20/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

the only way to disable side air bags is to disable the whole air bag system... which is not suggested... the curtain bags would not likley hurt the dogs ...i would just drive safe and not worry about the uncontrollable... the curtain air bags could harm them if they are at the windows like right on the glass when the bags go off.. but if they are on the seat in a safe position its not issue

The dogs look out the windows.

well they could get hurt in a accident...only way to disable the side bags you would need to disarm the complete system even the driver air bag.. that does not seem safe

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy