Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have replaced the fuel pump to time this month and now it…

Customer Question
I have replaced the...

I have replaced the fuel pump to time this month and now it went out again what can it be

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Yes 2 times within a month and a week

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Aspen 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

No mechanic he replaced the fuel pump two times

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you checked the voltage going to the fuel pump? Do an avr to make sure it is not over charging. are THEY USING AFTERMARKET PARTS AS IT MAY BE FAULTY SO TRY AN ome REPLACEMRNT IF THE VOLTAGES CHECK OUT.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

No I have not checked the voltage what should it be and there is a lightning bolt light that comes on my dashboard

Like I said do an AVR test of the charging circuit , the voltage should not exceed 12.5 v at the pump.

If those tests all show good try an OME pump.