Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My oil lite comes on and beeps. It has plenty of oil. When…

My oil lite comes...

My oil lite comes on and beeps. It has plenty of oil. When it is cold it doesn't do this but the warmer it gets the more it beeps. Usually when I press the brake it beeps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The little oil can icon

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2001 Pt, 200,000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is my car and my husband says it isn't worth spending the money that he thinks it would take to fix it. He hasn't done anything to it except make sure I really do have oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is all that is wrong

11/17/2017
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

has the oil pressure switch been replaced yet?

No, where would that be located
Is that an expensive repair?

REMOVAL

1. Raise vehicle.
  2. Position oil collecting container under pressure switch location.

1. Disconnect oil pressure switch electrical connector and remove switch (Fig. 153).

INSTALLATION

1. Install oil pressure switch and connect electrical connector (Fig. 153).
  2. Lower vehicle.
  3. Start engine and allow to run a minimum of 2 minutes.
  4. Shut engine off and check engine oil level. Adjust level as necessary.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy