Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 05 PT Cruiser 2.4. Car shut off at a traffic

Hello, I have an 05...
Hello, I have an 05 PT Cruiser 2.4. Car shut off at a traffic light. Turn key , car wont spin over. Towed it home and found out the FP/ASD 20A fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and it keeps blowing!! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
11/17/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, if this fuse keeps blowing, then something on the circuit is shorted out and causing the concern. Either a melted wire or damaged sensor on the circuit would be at fault.It goes to the fuel injectors, the ignition coil, the surge solenoid. Inspect the wiring to each and disconnect each item and see if the fuse still blows. You can install a circuit breaker for test purposes until you get it repaired.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you!