Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Chrysler town and country code p0 441 evap purge system…

2006 Chrysler town and country...
2006 Chrysler town and country code p0 441 evap purge system performance any hints or clues ??
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

When I block the vent ,using smoke I see no leaks in the system

Hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

click on ink to view step by dtep troubleshoot for P0401 ,

now with that said, the most common is the egr valve itself or the egr tube is clogged up , take the egr tube off and clean and clear codes and retest

POSSIBLE CAUSES - Good trip equal to zero - EGR valve open at idle - EGR valve assembly inspection - EGR solenoid assembly - EGR solenoid ground circuit open - EGR solenoid control CKT short to GND - EGR solenoid control CKT shorted to voltage - EGR solenoid control CKT open - PCM - EGR open - PCM - EGR closed

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Po441

sorry, my bad this p0441

POSSIBLE CAUSES - NVLD switch operation - Vehicle history and service bulletin investigation - Good trip equal to zero - Checking EVAP purge solenoid functionality - EVAP purge solenoid vacuum supply - Verify NVLD operation

check for vacuum leaks and for the purge solenoid is activating and u have power on it

the vacuum leak, vac um lines, intake leak will cause this issue or as simple as the pureg solenoid needs replacement

now with vacum pump tester you can test further and be accurate

and smoke test in the evap system

With my scanner I can't get the purge valve to operate per functions on the scanner how ever I can apply 12 volts and it functions
All right had to clear the codes purge valve works system holds smoke if I close the vent i can here activate the solenoid on the leak detection pump but know if accutally internally or not you replace many of these pumps ?
Don't know if the pump actually internally functions correctly
That will be the only thing left
The pump for not list a test function

I would try one if all else failed at this time unles the pcm going haywire intermittently and giving false reading\

Thanks

you welcome

keep me updated

Please remember to rate me before you exit

Thanks

Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800