Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

About a month ago, my girlfriend got a new battery for our…

Customer Question
Hello my name is***** a...
Hello my name is***** a month ago, my girlfriend got a new battery for our 2006 Chrysler 300 2.7L.She had a friend with her, and her friend took over the battery replacement and messed up by putting the battery in backwards, and and then hooking it up. Then told my girlfriend to start the car and you should be good. So not double checking cause she thought her friend knows the positive is the + and red and the ground is - and black. She started the car.Sparks everywhere! The car started going crazy. The horn, headlights, turn signals, windshield wipers/fluid, and a bunch of other stuff started going crazy. She instantly cut off the car and walked to the back of the car to see what the problem was. The incident blew the alternator in the car, so obligated the now ex-friend bought us a new one which I installed. Later that day when I drove it I noticed the car had some problems still.The High beams, Radio, turn signals, windshield wipers/fluid, horn, and cruise control would not work. But low beam, taillights, brake lights, and hazard lights are working. I instantly thought it was fuses so I checked later when I got home. I only found only one fuses that was blown and it was in the trunk next to the battery. So I replaced it and that went to my radio so now it's working again. Then I checked the fuses under the hood–none blown, checked relays, checked bulbs. Still couldn't find the problem.I've read it could possibly be a one of theses issues. One, Front Control Module, I read about this, all my issues on on the module. OR Second, Steering Column Control Module, also I read that my problems are in this module.ALSO my check engine light has come on since the incidentI'm not sure if it could be one of those modules, a switch, or what. I would like to do this DIY. So I need to know what module it is or what the problem is so I can get my car fixed.I need help on diagnosing my solution and what part is needed to fix my car. It's getting quite annoying not being able to drive if it rains, not having cruise control on the highway, no high beams at night, and especially no turn signals. I got pulled over and ticketed for not signaling so that was the last straw. I need to fix it, and I need help figuring out the problem. Thanks!
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/16/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You most likely have a damaged TIPM. That is the under hood fuse box and contains electronic circuits for controlling many of the vehicle's electrical systems. Start by replacing it first then we can re evaluate the issue. This is a dealer part. Do not try to use a used one.Chris
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics