Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Red blinking light and the key will not work to unlock the…

Red blinking light and...

Red blinking light and the key will not work to unlock the car to even try to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

I don't know its the first time I ever saw it blinking? The key will only work on the trunk making the alarm go off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2011 Chrysler touring convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am just trying to get in it and drive. nothing has been wrong with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just remembered the engine light did pop on and off that is it. just was wondering will it reset or do i need to call a tow company to get in it

how long does a reply take? light is still blinking and I can't use the key to even open the doors on the 200 Chrysler 20 touring
11/16/2017
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is there an aftermarket alarm, remote start, or immobilizer on the vehicle?

The fob nor key will unlock the drivers door?

a remote starter was on it when I purched the car. No it will not open even when prompting the key or putting in in the lock itself.

It appears whatever was wired into the car for this remote start system is also a partial alarm system that takes over the cars electronics for the door locks. This is what is preventing you from gaining access. being a convertible you can go through the rear seats to gain entry. You will need to get in through the drivers door yourself or via locksmith. Once inside if the car will not start the best option would be to look under the drivers side of the dash and remove this aftermarket system and address the fact the key can not open the door, then get OEM style fobs working. After that you should no longer have this type issue.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)