Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When i start it, the airbag light comes on for a few seconds…

Customer Question
When i start it...

When i start it, the airbag light comes on for a few seconds then off. a few miles down the road it will come on again

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Now that i think about it...it wouldnt click in .like it was jammed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2013 chrysler 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to NAPA paid 20.00 to have it put on dignosis and they couldnt tell me anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Um its a chrysler 200 not 300 if that makes a difference

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Napa probably does not have the proper scan tool for reading air bag system trouble codes. Take the time to go to the dealer and ask them to connect their WiTech scan tool to the vehicle and read the air bag codes. I have seen intermittent issues with connectors under the seats cause this and if that is your case, it is an easy fix. The dealer may charge more, but at least you won't be wasting your $$ because they have the proper tools to accurately diagnose this.

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris