Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The horn randomly honks. I was trying to find out what fuse

I need to disconnect for...
The horn randomly honks. I was trying to find out what fuse I need to disconnect for the horn to stop. I have a 2008 Chrysler Sebring.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Chrysler Sebring. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, that should be everything. Thank you!
11/14/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

There is actually no fuse for the horn, its kind of a safety feature, the best way to get to the solution you want is to unplug both horns and they are located behind the front bumper/fascia

I would recomend to get the issue repaired soon so that you have full functioning of this safety feature

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How do I unplug both horns? What does it look like?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I really don't have the money for calling. I'm on my last leg. The dealership told me the whole motherboard needs to be replaced the part & labor is 1400. I just want to drive the car without the horn going off randomly.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlo-380-2t?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-wolo-manufacturing&gclid=CjwKCAiA6K_QBRA8EiwASvtjZaF6fQ1NDSf8Nr_QjCRgIHR4MPOghqk9vG5IXBfA5D1N1Kba8ZJGMhoCSwgQAvD_BwE

they will look something like this and there is a connector on them that you can just unplug

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it!

your very welcome, thanks for the great rating and good luck in your repairs

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
You're welcome & Thank you!

This should just be a temporary fix as it is not safe to drive without a horn.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician