Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Knocking noise when accellrating 2005 pacicifca. They say…

Customer Question
Second opinion] knocking noise...

Second opinion] knocking noise when accellrating 2005 pacicifca

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

They say trans but no ck egine light it shift good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?

pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

No thenoise is load when l dive

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/14/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be causing a knocking noise, especially depending on it's characteristics. It's definitely possible that it could be coming from the transmission but it could also be a driveshaft or CV shaft issue or an internal failure in the power transfer unit if it's all wheel drive.

Can you explain exactly what you're experiencing?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician