Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio TZ1AA1312F011 -vin 2b3cl3cg4bh511645

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/13/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

please explain your question

thanks

Tim how's it going, i purchased a new radio that I bought after my navigation screen received damage from an accident I was in 2 weeks ago, and now the anti-theft lock appears to where I need a code to unlock. Radio number is ***** and my vin is 2B3CL3CG4BH511645

please stand by. perhaps one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here.

someone will be right with you.

thanks

Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

New expert here.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out radio codes anymore due to security reasons.In allot of cases you can get the code from a dealer with your radio number.The dealer will want to see your photo ID as well as proof of your vehicle ownership the radio is going into.In some cases they may or may not charge a small fee for this and also in some cases they may want to see the vehicle as well.In some cases you can get the radio code below but this does not work in all cases.The dealer is the best option unfortunately.

https://www.radiocode.ivgsoft.com/radiocode.php?mk=8

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I went to my local dealer I showed receipt of the radio and my title of the car it's going into for proof of ownership, and still no help, they state they need proof of ownership for the vehicle it came out of when I clearly gave receipt of the radio with vin# ***** the invoice. I need help with code asap

Unfortunately they are the ones that can help with this code.Is there any way you can contact the facility you got the radio from to see if they can provide any more info on the vehicle stating they own the vehicle and gave you an o.k. to take the radio?Unfortunately when a different radio is installed like this here it does make the dealer worry that it is a hot/stolen radio so they do tend to want more info.We are no longer able to give out codes here due to security reasons.This is something we had to stop doing just recently and I apologize for this.But if there is any way you can get the info for the other vehicle or even a phone call to the dealer from the facility you got the radio from this would work.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete