Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 2.7 liter engine. Cut shut off…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 2.7 liter engine. Cut shut off while driving and found 20 amp ignition fuse on the trunk blown. Fuse keeps blowing after replacing it and turning ignition to the on position ..

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes trunk and under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I unplugged alternator to check for shorts. Unplugged fuel pump .. still pops the fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Replaced ignition switch as well

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/12/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: camerontech, Technician replied 8 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Technician

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

please give me a few moments to go over your question and look up some info

thanks!

cam

Thank you
I will not be charged the 26$

i am not by a phone at this moment so i cannot fufill the phone call request. so no you will not be charged the 26 for phone call

do you know what fuse number is *****? then i can see what that circuits are in that fuse

cam

I believe it is # 18 .. it was a 20 amp fuse .. labeled ign right next to it ..

ok thanks

please give me a few moments

cam

im going to have to opt out and let another tech jump in as i am having some sofware issues

please do not reply or it will lock to me again

another tech will jump in shortly

thanks!

cam

Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

I see that listed as "Selectable Power Outlet".

That feeds the cigar lighter.

Do you have anything plugged into the cigar lighter?

If not, does the cigar lighter work?

Page 367 of your owners manual here, https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/tweddle/publications?id=817

And here it the wiring diagram,

Just unplugged the entire cigar lighter .. when I turned the key I heard the fuse blow in the trunk ..

You must have the wrong fuse # cause I don't see where fuse #18 feeds the ignition at all.

It’s labeled ign in the trunk of the car ..I believe the one you are referring to is the fuse in the front of the car but that one is fine
It’s a fuse that’s slightly offset from the rest but it’s in the trunk of the car

Look at page 367 of that owners manual.

The cigarette lighter does work fine
Just looked at the diagram at it says 20 amp selectable power outlet but does not control the lighter assembly . Even with the blown fuse I have power to that cigarette lighter
The car will crank over but not start up..
I was driving the car this morning and it just shut off at a stop sign .

Give me your vin.

2C3KA43R16H268765

That is a 2006

Now let me see if that makes a difference.

Your right that’s my mistake .. sorry

same thing though

I got to opt out, too, sorry.

now .?
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?

Chrysler Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 8 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started