Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My kids are stranded in a 2002 Chyrsler Sebring and the

My kids are stranded...

My kids are stranded in a 2002 Chyrsler Sebring and the alarm system keeps going off every time it is touched and the car didn't come with a FOB

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No FOB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am 1 !/2 hours away from them. They can't find a button or anything to turn it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do you either disconnect the system, pull fuses, or disable it without an FOB?

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached 2 docs for you to to let have them review and try. One or both of them will fix it as long as the computer is not the problem.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

No I wanted an answer on how to disable the alarm system without the FOB. The car didn't come with one when it was purchased. They have no tools handy and everytime they touch the car the alarm system goes off.

You can't disable a security system, it's part of the computer system.

I know you don't want to hear what's true, But that's all there is to tell you is the truth.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Did you have any more questions for me at this time? Did what I sent you work okay?

Thanks again, Ron