Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Chrysler 300 won’t start the battery is completely…

Customer Question
My 2012 Chrysler 300 won’t...
My 2012 Chrysler 300 won’t start the battery is completely dead it was a clicking noise coming from the fuse box last night but now it’s gone...I even tried to jumpstart it and it did nothing HELP
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/12/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

If a battery has a weak or dead cell, it will not jump start or hold a charge if trying to charge it with a battery charger. At this point you will need to replace the battery in order to resolve this.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

How will I know if it’s the battery though because this jus happened out the blue
Do I only get one question???

HI,

If you or someone you know has a voltmeter, check the voltage at the battery. If under 10v, it has a dead cell. If between 10 and 11.5v, you can charge it for 24hrs. If above 11.5v, it has enough power to start, which means a likely failure of the starter.

If you dont have a voltmeter, you can remove the battery and take to a parts store and they will test for free

Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Check the fuses, you never said what engine was in this.

Also, is this the awd or rwd?

Is it the srt-8?