Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have no consistent heat on my 2007 pacifica, sometimes it…

Customer Question
Have no consistent heat...

Have no consistent heat on my 2007 pacifica, sometimes it will blow warm air for maybe a minute then go cold again. have changed the thermostat and flushed system. no leaks and fluid level is topped off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

There are no leaks as we just added new fluids.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, changed the thermostat, flushed the system , changed fluids

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ran the reset feature on the control and it came up clear

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So there will a few things we need to check on this, first is to monitor the 2 hoses going into the fire wall to make sure they are hot and both are the about the same temperature

Thanks, ***** ***** going heater core were cold, the hose just before thermostat was 187 degrees with a temperature gun
at this point just type answers.

have you pulled the hoses and tried to flush the core yet to see if its flowing clean and good?

flushed whole system heater back flushed as well

there must be a flow problem somewhere in the coolant system, if the core is clean and has good flow it should be hot t operating temps, could have blockage on the oil cooler, if it were me I would just go though the system and make sure nothing has a blockage somewhere

Running engine now. Top heater hose has gotten hot bottom cool at best no heat
Both hoses in and out of oil cooler are hot.

just keep following the hoses until you find the cold spot

hows it going