Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 my gear knob is stuck in neutral…

Customer Question
Hi my name is *****...
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 my gear knob is stuck in neutral I can’t reverse or put it in Park it keep saying service park brake but my brakes are good
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello Alexia, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. There is a problem with the vehicle's communication network most likely. The vehicle may need to go to the dealer and have the WiTech scan tool connected to itand diagnosed. However there is one thing you can try. Disconnect the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. That may reset the system and allow the knob to select the gears again. You will need a 10 millimeter socket or wrench to loosen the nut on the negative (-) cable. Let me know if that works.

Chris

I tried that and the knob started to move but the car still won’t reverse or drive

Darn. Okay, then if that is the case, the vehicle will need to get to the dealer (sorry) There is really nothing else to do without having the Witech scan tool. Today's vehicles have so many computers and electronics in them and diagnosing/repairing involves sophisticated tools and technology. Even if I were there with you, I would need that tool to see what is going on. Hopefully a dealer in your area can help you today. Wish I had better news, but I have to be honest Alexia.

Chris