Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car ont go into drive, seems like something is up with the…

Customer Question
Car ont go into...

Car ont go into drive, seems like something is up with the électronique system

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

200g pacifica 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
11/11/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What are the exact symptoms? Will it go in Reverse? Is the check engine light on?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I was driving around 45mph when all the car cash warning lights turned on and radio and AC contorl area when out. I pulled over and stoped the car. Turned it back on with same electrical problems and also not able shift out of park.

Sounds like you are having a CAN Bus communication issue. When this happens you can have multiple lights come on, no start, etc.

At this time I recommend to start by looking at the radio and center dash area where the lamps went out at. Pull the radio and inspect the wiring, try to start it with the radio disconnected. Also, disconnect the center stack and see if it starts.

Let me know if you find anything and we can go from there...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician